Monday, May 21, 2012


We had a  great weekend filled with picturesque landscapes and scenery has rejuvenated my spirits. Together Krystina and I decided we both needed a relaxing day and a chance to enjoy the warmth of the Maryland sun. Without any prior knowledge we decided upon the Brookside Gardens, which came up after a quick search.

After we stepped foot into the gardens I felt as though I entered a different reality. I remember looking at Krystina and saying, “I feel like I am in never ever land.” It was beautiful. The various themes of the place left you stunned, it had such diversity and distinct areas such as: Aquatic Garden, Azalea Garden, Butterfly Garden, Children's Garden, Rose Garden, Japanese Style Garden, Trial Garden, Rain Garden and the Woodland Walk, and the Formal Garden!







Without a doubt the most amazing place in the park is the butterfly garden. Inside a small green house dozens of butterflies flutter through their green oasis. Sadly a pending thunderstorm ended our outing early. There’s always tomorrow!



PT went fantastic today I put in over three hours of solid work over two sessions. Finally I’m getting my energy back. Ever since my injury my stamina has been lacking and I’ve been exceedingly lethargic. Also m desire to return home has distracted my efforts. I’m excited to say I feel like today is the first day of a fresh start.

I believe I can contribute the improvement to several factors: Testosterone replacement therapy. After my injury my testosterone levels plummeted. I only began to treat it with injections last month. The second road blocks were narcotics, opioids by nature are depressors, now that I am scaling back the dosage the benefits are instantly recognized. The third PHYSICAL remedy has not yet been corrected. It been brought to my attention that most likely I have sleep apnea. That’s a problem, that means I am not getting the benefit of my sleep. I am working on booking a sleep study.

I won’t lie a little soul searching was required. Don’t worry I am not going to let anyone down. Not anyone else or myself. I’m ready to kick some ass in the gym.






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we need to take a step back in order to put things into perspective. You are amazing and such an inspiration. You got this! Keep on climbing! ~ Marilyn Broadaway

    ReplyDelete